[OpenAFS] Unknown Gnome/AFS problem

Dj Merrill deej@econ.duke.edu
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:17:33 -0400

Franco Milicchio wrote:

> Well, a trash should be there, and should be used. Deleting trashed
> items by default is not a normal behavior for any operating system used
> by normal users. OSX, Windows and Linux do not erase the trash, so why
> should I do that?

	Just a suggestion.  You were asking for workarounds.
You could also create a script to erase the files, and have it as a
desktop icon or menu item for your users to invoke on their own.
Call it "Empty-Trash" or something...

	I'm sure there are other possibilities, too.

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill                          Department of Economics
Unix Infrastructure Administrator   Room 213, Social Sciences Bldg

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux." -Anonymous