[OpenAFS] "connection timed out" after salvage completes

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:44:35 -0700

My fileserver seems to want to salvage every time the machine boots,
but that's another story...

It seems that if I access a volume being salvaged (OpenAFS 1.4.1 Linux
client), I get the usual "connection timed out" error... but once the
volume finishes salvaging and comes on-line (and other clients can
access it), the client that got the error continues getting the error
for several minutes.

Is this the expected behavior, or should I narrow down the problem
further and file a bug report?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380