[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS Problems running batch jobs

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 02 Jun 2006 15:59:57 -0400

On Friday, June 02, 2006 12:05:45 PM -0700 Brady Catherman
<bradyc@uidaho.edu> wrote:

> No go.. everything is just like before except that I removed all the
> users/acl's containing /batch and added .batch instead.
>
> bcatherm still works and bcatherm.batch fails.

Jeff was a little unclear.  For historical reasons, AFS currently uses
Kerberos v4 conventions for naming entries in the PTS database.  So, for a
Kerberos principal "user/batch", the corresponding PTS entry should be
named "user.batch".

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer