[OpenAFS] Is OpenAFS for me?

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:19:34 -0500

Karl Bellve wrote:

> But, I would like to have a /afs/home that is 1TB made up of various
> computers/drives. If I add a new HD to a new computer, can I now
> expand /afs/home to include the size of the new HD, or must I make a
> new AFS?

Yes, you can easily add a new drive to an existing computer and make it
part of your AFS cell.  Mount it as a /vicep partition, and you
instantly have more space.  It is also easy to expand with additional
file servers, or SATA disk.  A cell can grow or shrink as needed.

/afs/rpi.edu/home is spread across 8 file servers, for example.

--
veritatis simplex oratio est
		- Seneca

Andrew Bacchi