[OpenAFS] Autoconf/configure problem for Sparc[64] in both 1.4.0 and 1.,4.1-rc8

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:09:23 -0500

On Monday, March 06, 2006 04:42:31 AM -0500 Michael Conrad
<silverdirk@silverdirk.com> wrote:

> Hi, I mentioned some of my sparc problems earlier, but these two bugs in
> the ./configure script generated by autoconf I think deserve special
> attention:
>
> First, in the 1.4.0 release, the arch case statement at line 7526 has
> cases for sparc64_linux22, sparc64_linux24, and sparc_linux22.  (file
> snippets below)
>
> Second, in the 1.4.1-rc8 tarball, the arch case statement at line 7573 has
> cases for sparc64_linux*, and sparc_linux22.
>
> The headers you have for supported architectures, however, are:
>  param.sparc_linux24.h * **
>  param.sparc_linux22.h
>  param.sparc64_linux26.h *
>  param.sparc64_linux24.h
>  param.sparc64_linux22.h
>
> * wasn't buildable in release 1.4.0
> ** isn't buildable in release 1.4.1-rc8
>
> When the arch isn't found in this case statement, the build fails with a
> cryptic error caused by a missing symbol 'yylineno' which should have been
> exported by a file generated by flex. (i.e. missing LEX="flex -l")
>
> The fix, in the script, is rather easy (just change the linux## to
> linux*). I have no idea how this would be fixed in the autoconf files
> though.

Look at src/cf/osconf.m4  Apply your fixes there, then run regen.sh in the
top level to update the configure script.  If all goes well, submit a patch
to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.  Your patch should only include changes to
source files, not generated files like ./configure.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer