[OpenAFS] File too large

Josh_Pullen@Dell.com Josh_Pullen@Dell.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:00:45 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6445B.D4D00051

Hello,

I've got OpenAFS release 1.4.0 installed on CentOS Linux (2.6.9 kernel)
I cannot write a file larger than approximately 2GB in size to my AFS
volumes, even from the fileserver itself.  The release notes suggest
that it should work if the host file system supports file sizes of >2GB.
I can go the partition that the AFS volume resides on and write a 4GB
file just fine.  The AFS volumes have plenty of space available.  Is
there maybe some compile-time options to enable large file support that
the RHEL4 RPMs may not have been compiled with?

Thanks,

Josh

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6445B.D4D00051

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7232.60">
<TITLE>File too large</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I've got OpenAFS release 1.4.0 =
installed on CentOS Linux (2.6.9 kernel)&nbsp; I cannot write a file =
larger than approximately 2GB in size to my AFS volumes, even from the =
fileserver itself.&nbsp; The release notes suggest that it should work =
if the host file system supports file sizes of &gt;2GB.&nbsp; I can go =
the partition that the AFS volume resides on and write a 4GB file just =
fine.&nbsp; The AFS volumes have plenty of space available.&nbsp; Is =
there maybe some compile-time options to enable large file support that =
the RHEL4 RPMs may not have been compiled with?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Josh</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6445B.D4D00051--