[OpenAFS] File too large

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:15:41 -0500

--------------040502050103030102080808

Josh_Pullen@Dell.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got OpenAFS release 1.4.0 installed on CentOS Linux (2.6.9
> kernel)  I cannot write a file larger than approximately 2GB in size
> to my AFS volumes, even from the fileserver itself.  The release notes
> suggest that it should work if the host file system supports file
> sizes of >2GB.  I can go the partition that the AFS volume resides on
> and write a 4GB file just fine.  The AFS volumes have plenty of space
> available.  Is there maybe some compile-time options to enable large
> file support that the RHEL4 RPMs may not have been compiled with?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh

Build it from source and use --enable-largefile-fileserver
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra

--------------040502050103030102080808

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Josh_Pullen@Dell.com">Josh_Pullen@Dell.com</a> wrote:
 cite="mid987E02CD268C2E4CA0A81268D06F2E2701A991BE@ausx3mpc104.aus.amer.dell.com"
 type="cite">
 content="MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7232.60">
  <title>File too large</title>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
installed on CentOS Linux (2.6.9 kernel)&nbsp; I cannot write a file larger
than approximately 2GB in size to my AFS volumes, even from the
fileserver itself.&nbsp; The release notes suggest that it should work if
the host file system supports file sizes of &gt;2GB.&nbsp; I can go the
partition that the AFS volume resides on and write a 4GB file just
fine.&nbsp; The AFS volumes have plenty of space available.&nbsp; Is there maybe
some compile-time options to enable large file support that the RHEL4
RPMs may not have been compiled with?</font></p>
Build it from source and use --enable-largefile-fileserver <br>
/sd<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems
Academic Computing &amp; Network Services
Michigan State University

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra

</pre>

--------------040502050103030102080808--