[OpenAFS] Migration to a new host failure

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:38:03 +0100

On Mar 11, 2006, at 12:58 PM, ph rhole oper wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:17:43 +0100, "Horst Birthelmer"
> <horst@riback.net> said:

>> I know that kind of problem and if you're in a position to stop the
>> cell you can work around it easily.
>> This is for adding a new database server to a one server cell.

>> 5. stop the old database server
> Can i just leave the old database server on, so i can have two
> database
> servers for redundancy (this at least should be working..)

You talked about migrating to a new database and file server.
At least that's what I understood.

Of course you can have more than one. You can have any number of
servers in AFS, only for database servers numbers above a certain
amount just don't make sense.

> I just thought that the ubik synchronization would be much more
> straightforward..im kind of dissapointed if
> everytime i'll have to do something like this..

It usually is a lot easier.
Database servers aren't migrated 'all the time' anyway. :-)

That's why I sent that off list with a note that it's a quick and
dirty workaround ;-)
I actually didn't want that in the archives.

Horst