[OpenAFS] vos: failed to parse date...

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:38:22 -0500

Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> writes:
> Yes, I think someone should code this up.  There is no need for
> afs_strptime, just put our own strptime inside of #ifndef HAVE_STRPTIME
> (with appropriate configure code).  See util/strl*.c.
>
> The OpenBSD version of strptime still has the dreaded advertising clause, so
> I have not imported it.  Maybe another BSD has it without.  Or is the ad
> clause considered compatible?
>
> Obviously the current format goes first in the list of formats to try.

You might also ask the openbsd folks if they can remove the advertising
clause.  For some things - I believe this is more or less automatic.
If I understand right, Berkeley has said it's ok to remove that clause
from any source they own.  For other things, the openbsd folks may be
willing to contact the original author and make arrangements.

				-Marcus Watts