[OpenAFS] vos: failed to parse date...
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:46:25 -0500
That won't help. Theo already went on a quest to remove the licensing
clause wherever possible. The strptime license is from Powerdog Industries,
not Berkeley. It originally had a much more restrictive license that didn't
even allow modification, and Powerdog reluctantly removed that restriction.
But the ad clause remains. I spent a few minutes with google and couldn't
find a free version of strptime.
Here is the license as it appears in the FreeBSD version of strptime.c.
* Powerdog Industries kindly requests feedback from anyone modifying
* this function:
* Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 23:17:17 -0400
* From: Kevin Ruddy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* To: James FitzGibbon <email@example.com>
* Subject: Re: Use of your strptime(3) code (fwd)
* The reason for the "no mod" clause was so that modifications would
* come back and we could integrate them and reissue so that a wider
* audience could use it (thereby spreading the wealth). This has
* made it possible to get strptime to work on many operating systems.
* I'm not sure why that's "plain unacceptable" to the FreeBSD team.
* Anyway, you can change it to "with or without modification" as
* you see fit. Enjoy.
* Kevin Ruddy
* Powerdog Industries, Inc.
* Copyright (c) 1994 Powerdog Industries. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer
* in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
* software must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by Powerdog Industries.
* 4. The name of Powerdog Industries may not be used to endorse or
* promote products derived from this software without specific prior
* written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY POWERDOG INDUSTRIES ``AS IS'' AND ANY
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE POWERDOG INDUSTRIES BE
* LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
* BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
* WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
* OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE,
* EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.