[OpenAFS] Using Keberos as a client whilst still using IBM/Transarc AFS

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler@rl.ac.uk
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:53:50 -0000

As system administrators, we have been asked to update the file
/etc/krb.conf on some of our client machines so that some users can
connect to another site via Kerberos 5; the remote site also happens to
be an AFS cell, but AFS is not directly involved in the transaction.
Our AFS installation still uses the Transarc AFS server which (more or
less) uses Kerberos 4 protocol.  Is there likely to be any conflict
between the two ?

I would be grateful for any advice, warnings of gotchas etc.

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory