[OpenAFS] Linux kernel 2.6.16 and openAFS 1.4.0 /Debian?

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:28:29 -0500

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:42:58PM +0100, William John Murray wrote:
>    Yes, it is nice to see that rc10 does indeed support the 2.6.16
> features. But I hope Debian  play nicely for you: the old style
> module support OpenAFS needs is not welcome with redhat. I brought it up
> with Fedora and was told it was an AFS problem:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-March/msg00550.html
>    Bill
> Ps Maybe they are right?

They are right in the sense that it is Fedora policy to attempt to follow
the mainstream kernel without adding extra patches as much as possible.
Whether the upstream kernel is right is a discussion probably left
untouched.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>