[OpenAFS] Fedora 5

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:52:12 -0800

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> 9) There still isn't any official OpenAFS release that supports FC5.
>    I'm working with the OpenAFS people to determine whether I should
>    build RPMs of 1.4.1rc10 or rather wait a few more days for an official
>    release (I don't know their schedule).

I'm going ahead with Debian packages for 1.4.1rc10 on the grounds that I
have to do the work anyway and the amount of changes between rc10 and
1.4.1 will be minimal from a packaging standpoint.  There are a couple of
infrequent server races that we're still trying to track down, which is
why 1.4.1 isn't official yet, but I doubt anything is going to change
significantly in the client at this point.