[OpenAFS] Fedora 5

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:58:37 -0500

Quoting Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>:

> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>> 9) There still isn't any official OpenAFS release that supports FC5.
>>    I'm working with the OpenAFS people to determine whether I should
>>    build RPMs of 1.4.1rc10 or rather wait a few more days for an official
>>    release (I don't know their schedule).
>
> I'm going ahead with Debian packages for 1.4.1rc10 on the grounds that I
> have to do the work anyway and the amount of changes between rc10 and
> 1.4.1 will be minimal from a packaging standpoint.  There are a couple of
> infrequent server races that we're still trying to track down, which is
> why 1.4.1 isn't official yet, but I doubt anything is going to change
> significantly in the client at this point.

My problem is that I need to perform the builds myself..  You have the
luxury of a build farm that will do it all for you.  ;)  It literally
takes me days to build everything.

Any estimate on how far off 1.4.1 is?   If it's going to be a few weeks
then I'll go ahead and build 1.4.1rc10 (at least for FC5 if not for
everything else)..  But if it's expected this weekend, there's little
reason for me to spend that time now only to have to do it again next week.

-derek