[OpenAFS] openafs 1.4.2: 'klog -setpag' doesn't work on rhel4

Berthold Cogel cogel@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:53:07 +0100

Hello!

I've installed the openafs-1.4.2 RPMs on two Systems. One system is
still running RHEL3, the other is a fresh installed RHEL4 system.

On the RHEL4 system I've tried to get a AFS token during the postinstall
process of the system to fetch some files from the AFS. When I'm doing
this with 'klog -setpag <afsuser>' it fails. 'klog <afsuser>' works.

[root@sipserv ~]# tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

    --End of list--
[root@sipserv ~]# klog -setpag a0537
Password:

[root@sipserv ~]# klog a0537
Password:
[root@sipserv ~]# tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 690) tokens for afs@rrz.uni-koeln.de [Expires Dec 20 14:17]
    --End of list--
[root@sipserv ~]# unlog
[root@sipserv ~]# tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

    --End of list--

The system has RedHat kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp, for which I've build
the  kernel module from source rpm. I've also tried kernel
2.6.9-42.ELsmp with the kernel module provided by openafs.org. Both
failed to get a token with -setpag.

On the RHEL3 system 'klog -setpag' works as expected.

I've tested the openafs-1.4.1 RPM packages from openafs.org (kernel
module build from source rpm) on the RHEL4 system. In this combination
'klog -setpag' works also as expected.

Regards,
Berthold Cogel