[OpenAFS] Re: help, salvaged volume won't come back online, is it corrupt? [trimmed log]

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:57:16 +0300

--Sig_QLutxQuXSf/8hMAs/1EgQdm

> In my understanding you easily can propagate this error to your
> readonly replicas by "vos release"ing the corrupt volume. The volserver
> on the receiving side would remove any data not mentioned in the dump
> stream.

This is frightening. Can I actually vos release the corrupt volume? From
the posts on the list, I'd gather it cannot even be attached - how could
it be released, then?

> Better you do a "vos convertROtoRW" on the RO-site as soon as possible=20
> to regain a valid RW-volume in this case.

Except that I'm unlikely to notice the corruption before it's released,
which happens automatically. Sounds like we need to change our backup
policy...

-Juha

--=20
                | Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| Laboratory of Theoretical Physics		|
		| Department of Physics, University of Turku	|
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |