[OpenAFS] Problems setting up an initial AFS cell...

Joseph Galbraith galb@vandyke.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:51:28 -0600

Thomas Kula wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 12:25:44PM -0600, Joseph Galbraith wrote:
>> Ahh... thanks.
>>
>> I've been trying to follow the quick start guide.
>>
>> Any hints as to what I should be doing instead?  The
>> quick start just keeps referring me to contacting
>> IBM support if I don't want to use kaserver.
>
> Between
>  http://kula.public.iastate.edu/talks/afs-bpw-2006/
> and
>  http://kula.public.iastate.edu/talks/afs-bpw-2005/
>
> I think you'd find all the clues you'd need to get
> the afs stuff working with a conventional kerberos
> 5 kdc. Look at the 2005 one if you are using Heimdal,
> the 2006 one if you are using MIT. Paths will probably
> have to be translated into whatever you are using is
> using, but hopefully enough bits will be there to
> glean what you need out of it.

All right, I've been following these slides using
OpenAFS 1.5.17 and a mit kerberos kdc.

Everything appears to have worked correctly, up to
the point where I'm aklog'ing for the first time, when
I get this the following error:

aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell ut.vandyke.com (status:
11862788).

What does status 11862788 mean?

And where can I look status codes up?

Full session log included below for the curious.

Thanks,

Joseph

[galb@vmfc5i ~]$ klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_500)

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt500
klist: You have no tickets cached
[galb@vmfc5i ~]$ kinit galb/afs
Password for galb/afs@UT.VANDYKE.COM: