[OpenAFS] Add new fileserver

Melvin Wong melvin.wong@muvee.com
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 17:21:13 +0800

Hi Chris,
Tks for replying so fast. Maybe I am not so clear with openafs's concept
and I find the openafs guide not really so updated and clear. I execute
the commands as you has re:
[root@afs1 ~]# vos listaddrs
afs1.ben.muveenet
afs2.ben.muveenet=20

[root@afs1 ~]# vos partinfo afs1.ben.muveenet
Free space on partition /vicepa: 711420 K blocks out of total 734684
[root@afs1 ~]# vos partinfo afs2.ben.muveenet
Free space on partition /vicepa: 948956 K blocks out of total 983080

I am trying to attain high availability as well as creating a big
distributed storage space (hopefully it can reach 30-40 Tera) with many
low-end servers. I've created the 1st afs server with home directory and
the users can login and access their home folder without any problems.
But I'm a bit lost on how should I further expand to afs2, afs3 and so
on. If I create a home directory for my users on afs1, do I need to
create the exact directory on my afs2? Appreciate for the all the help
given.

Melvin