[OpenAFS] Add new fileserver

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@online.de
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:49:08 +0200

--nextPart2986093.txSGqamq7C

Am Sonntag, 8. April 2007 schrieb Melvin Wong:

> [root@afs1 ~]# vos listaddrs
> afs1.ben.muveenet
> afs2.ben.muveenet
>
> [root@afs1 ~]# vos partinfo afs1.ben.muveenet
> Free space on partition /vicepa: 711420 K blocks out of total 734684
> [root@afs1 ~]# vos partinfo afs2.ben.muveenet
> Free space on partition /vicepa: 948956 K blocks out of total 983080
>
> I am trying to attain high availability as well as creating a big
> distributed storage space (hopefully it can reach 30-40 Tera) with many
> low-end servers. I've created the 1st afs server with home directory and
> the users can login and access their home folder without any problems.
> But I'm a bit lost on how should I further expand to afs2, afs3 and so
> on. If I create a home directory for my users on afs1, do I need to
> create the exact directory on my afs2? Appreciate for the all the help
> given.

You can now add read-only replicas for your volumes by using the "vos addsi=
te"=20
command. However, it is not recommended to do this for volumes which should=
=20
be writeable most of the times (because afs always prefers the read-only=20
volume over the read-write one). As for the home volumes, I would "vos move=
"=20
some of them to the other server, so that a failure of one server doesn't=20
affect all users.

HTH...

	Dirk