[OpenAFS] 1.4.2 fileserver keep getting large number of blocked connections

Wed, 01 Aug 2007 00:57:04 -0400

Matthew Cocker wrote:
> I wish. I still have people using 1.3.64. They refuse to upgrade despite
> my efforts to show them the benefits of the upgrade. Alot of people on
> campus feel that the new clients are not as stable as the old ones.
> Probably because they all have the same uuid.

1.3.64 clients will take down your file servers having nothing to do
with multiple uuids.  Clients older than 1.3.80 have a bug the generates
a new rx connection per authenticated request.  Client's older than
1.3.80 do not support UUIDs.

1.4.1 or later will prevent the cloning of UUIDs.

1.5.12 or later use a CIFS server implementation that passes Microsoft's
protocol tests.

1.5.21 is current.

If your users have stability problems, then should file bug reports.
Otherwise, we won't know there are issues that need to be fixed.