[OpenAFS] elegant solution for user change?

Jochen Thäder jochen@thaeder.de
Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:54:00 +0200

Hi Christof,

Quoting Christof Hanke <hanke@rzg.mpg.de>:

> Jochen Thäder wrote:
>> afs-user "worker" should change to afs-user "operator" (using a keyfile)
>> into a clean shell without typing a passwd. The keyfile is only
>> accessible for worker.
>>
>> When I exit from there, I have the same situation for worker as before (
>> as I want )
>>
> Give this a try :
>
> sh# pagsh
> sh# kinit -t=<operatorkeytab> --afs-cell=<yourcell>  <principal>
>
> where <principal> == username@REALM.

my kinit doesn't know --afs-cell ( version: kinit (Heimdal 0.7.2) ) ...
My problem is that I can't access the keytab after being in the pagsh
( the operator and worker could access ) because it's in afs. Moreover
your solution changes ticket in all other worker shells, which I don't
want.

cheers
    Jochen