[OpenAFS] elegant solution for user change?

Christof Hanke hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:20:36 +0300

Jochen Th=E4der wrote:
>=20
> my kinit doesn't know --afs-cell ( version: kinit (Heimdal 0.7.2) ) ...
> My problem is that I can't access the keytab after being in the pagsh (=
=20
> the operator and worker could access ) because it's in afs. Moreover=20
> your solution changes ticket in all other worker shells, which I don't=20
> want.

OK, I haven't tried that version yet.
You can use the KRB5CCNAME environment variable to create a separate=20
credentialcache, so that other shells are not affected.

Try :

export KRB5CCNAME=3D"/tmp/blah"
kinit -t=3D<operatorkeytab> <principal>
pagsh
afslog

on exit, you should remove the credentialcache /tmp/blah.

Christof