[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and RHEL5 Server 64-bit?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 16:07:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Scott Ehrlich wrote:

> I have some dual-boot XP/CentOS 5 systems that I want to authenticate to a
> server running RHEL 5 Server 64-bit edition, unpatched.   I want central
> authentication from the server, so the same home directory will appear for
> any account created on the server, regardless of whether the user is logging
> into the Windows or Linux side, even for simultaneous logins.

OpenAFS 1.4.4 plus, possibly, kernel patches from OpenAFS CVS... or just
try the Fedora Core 7 srpm.

> I obtained the latest OpenAFS source from openafs.org, but compiling
> crashed.

If you mean that literally, I recommend a new gcc. I suspect you don't
actually mean that.