[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS and RHEL5 Server 64-bit?

Scott Ehrlich scott@MIT.EDU
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:31:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 04:02:17PM -0400, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>> I have some dual-boot XP/CentOS 5 systems that I want to authenticate to a
>> server running RHEL 5 Server 64-bit edition, unpatched.   I want central
>> authentication from the server, so the same home directory will appear for
>> any account created on the server, regardless of whether the user is
>> logging into the Windows or Linux side, even for simultaneous logins.
>>
>> I obtained the latest OpenAFS source from openafs.org, but compiling
>> crashed.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> Have you checked out
>
> http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/openafs/
>
> It contains support for all RHEL5/CentOS5 kernels ever released.
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Not yet, but I always wonder who actually creates rpms at various
distribution sites, such as rpmfind.net, dag, etc, and how it is done.

Wny don't the source organizations (i.e. abisource for abiword) create
.deb and .rpms for that program, instead of having to find it at some
random site, not knowing who has really done what to create the rpm at the
repo site.

Thanks.

Scott