[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS and RHEL5 Server 64-bit?

Axel Thimm openafs-info@openafs.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 01:40:07 +0200

--G6nVm6DDWH/FONJq

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:03:20AM +0100, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
>=20
> On 7 Aug 2007, at 23:51, Axel Thimm wrote:
>=20
> >I wouldn't mind if someone adds a build time switch to leave that
> >choice to the concerned user, e.g. something like
> >
> >rpmbuild --rebuild --with transarcpaths ... openafs-x.y.z-w.src.rpm
> >
> >but it will make the specfile look messier.
>=20
> I've been thinking for a while about producing a patch for the =20
> OpenAFS specfile which creates a compatibility RPM containing links =20
> from the FHS paths to the transarc ones. Something like this is going =20
> be necessary to provide a migration strategy for sites running with =20
> transarc paths who want to change.

Ideally this patch would be against upstream sources, so other
Linuxes/Unices can directly profit from it.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--G6nVm6DDWH/FONJq

--G6nVm6DDWH/FONJq--