[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS and RHEL5 Server 64-bit?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:41:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2007, at 23:51, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't mind if someone adds a build time switch to leave that
>> choice to the concerned user, e.g. something like
>>
>> rpmbuild --rebuild --with transarcpaths ... openafs-x.y.z-w.src.rpm
>>
>> but it will make the specfile look messier.
>
> I've been thinking for a while about producing a patch for the OpenAFS
> specfile which creates a compatibility RPM containing links from the FHS
> paths to the transarc ones. Something like this is going be necessary to
> provide a migration strategy for sites running with transarc paths who want
> to change.

Yes. I've considered the same. The other thing we need, which is harder
for non-package-based-platforms, is producing an openafs-config like the
krb5-config.... if it's a Transarc style dest tarball, what's the root of
it?