[OpenAFS] bos restricted mode

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:05:14 -0500

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>> Are there any objections to enabling pts interactive, sleep, quit,
>> and source for all compiles, not just supergroups?
>
> I have no objection to those commands being added to the general
> build.

What about other commands only enabled with specific compile time
options such as bos setrestricted?  Is there any reason to require the
compile time --enable-bos-restricted-mode to enable this functionality
in the bos command itself?  Or for that matter, is there any reason to
not always enable it in the bosserver itself?  Restricted mode is not
enabled by default, so always having support for it compiled in would
not seem to cause any problems.

Reference:
http://www.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2007-June/026479.html

<<CDC