[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.5.22 released

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:02:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Tom Maher wrote:

> On 8/13/07, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
>
>>   * Kerberos 5 utilities (aklog and asetkey) now can build against
>>     native Solaris kerberos.
>
> In my 5 minutes of checking openafs-devel archives and CVS, I'm unable
> to find either discussion of native Solaris kerberos support or the
> delta itself.  Could someone be so kind as to point me at it?  Even if
> it doesn't get backported into the 1.4 branch, I'd very much like to
> use it locally myself.

It's already backported. Note that this doesn't use the mech_krb5.so
Kerberos in original Solaris 10. It only uses the MIT-equivalent kerberos
which shipped later (apparently) and in OpenSolaris.

The interesting bit about it is neither that kerberos nor AIX kerberos
includes krb524.

aklog-deal-without-524-20070711