[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.5.22 released

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:33:32 -0500

Tom Maher wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
>
>>   * Kerberos 5 utilities (aklog and asetkey) now can build against
>>     native Solaris kerberos.

I believe that that refers to this patch:

http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/aklog-deal-without-524-20070711

As the aklog would not compile without a krb525, even if not used.

But this is only part of it. Solaris 10 has the Krb5 API,  but in
the gss libs. It does not include the header files either.

But since then it was reported that the OpenSolaris header files
chaged to match a newer version of the libs. But the Solaris 10
lib was not updated.

Sun has been promising  "Update 4" of Solaris 10 will have the header files
"Update 3" was the 11/6 So the next release should have it.
(aklog may then need to be recompiled to match the headers, and lib.

> In my 5 minutes of checking openafs-devel archives and CVS, I'm unable
> to find either discussion of native Solaris kerberos support or the
> delta itself. Could someone be so kind as to point me at it?

google for: Solaris 10 aklog
Then see:
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2005-August/008329.html
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2006-August/010221.html

    Even if
> it doesn't get backported into the 1.4 branch, I'd very much like to
> use it locally myself.

I built the 1.4.4 Solaris 10 release for OpenAFS with this patch in it
for distribution. http://www.openafs.org/release/openafs-1.4.4.html
under Solaris 10:
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.4/sun4x_510/sun4x_510.tar.gz
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.4/sun4x_510/aklog-solaris10-krb5.diff