[OpenAFS] Hardware Grants from Sun

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:12:27 -0900

I has a free Sun for a while. They were giving them away to developers.

Sun is very supportive and very interested in adding solutions to their
portfolio.

The project was to use AFS for a large hospital as a JAHCO required backup
system - in lieu of paperwork while I shut down 300 servers in the MIS room
for UPS electrical work.

The hospital decided to spend 6 months and install a paper based system that
was used during the 10 hour shutdown (at $250K/hour).

FYI I still think AFS is a viable solution - perhaps someone else can
capitalize on this idea..

Anyway, get in contact with your local Sun sales office. They should be very
helpful in finding the right internal developers.

Tedc