[OpenAFS] a noobs question and problems on a new cell

Adnoh adnoh@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 4 May 2007 11:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

ok, I try to explain.

we have several districts connected to our headquarter over a vpn.
In every district we have ~50-150 windows-clients and a samba server ( all
authenticating against a Win2003 Server with ADS)
for their filestorage with an usb-hdd attached for backup purpose.
In our headquarter we would have enough space to hold all the company data
and backup.
so i would have something like
/afs/domain/dist1/data
/afs/domain/dist2/data
/afs/domain/dist3/data
/afs/domain/shared/data
where every district has it's own data folder and one volume where all the
districts work together in.
the backup should be done on a central place (our headquarter).

so if somebody can explain me how you would build this scenario it would be
really great for me to get started ;-)))

thanks