[OpenAFS] a noobs question and problems on a new cell

anne salemme anne.salemme@Dartmouth.EDU
Fri, 04 May 2007 14:43:40 -0400

where are the districts physically located relative to the headquarters,
and where do you plan to locate the afs servers for each "domain"?

typically, for cells that span big geographical distances, you want to
be sure that the cell database servers always stay up and in contact
with each other.

i would imagine that you could put all the afs servers at the
headquarters, and basically just use it as back end storage, with no
access from clients outside the headquarters....is that what you have in
mind?

anne