[OpenAFS] Fwd: OpenAFS Newbie thinking about intra-cell dynamic DNS

Doug Hirsch dhirsch@pobox.com
Tue, 15 May 2007 21:36:50 -0700

newbie typo, arrgh

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Doug Hirsch <dhirsch@pobox.com>
Date: May 15, 2007 9:34 PM
Subject: OpenAFS Newbie thinking about intra-cell dynamic DNS
To: Matt Chipman <matt@kaam.dyndns.org>
Cc: Open-AFS-info@openafs.org

Hi Matt,

I read your answer to another question on OpenAFS-info and noticed
your hostname.  By any chance, have you come up with or heard a way to
run a distributed cell across dynamic DNS?  The most promising
strategy I recall from last week at the best practices workshop was
OpenVPN.  To put a fine point on the question, what I think I want to
do is have a cell include servers at a couple of friends' homes,
behind their DHCP addressed NATs.  Yes, I may be crazy; no I haven't a
notion yet of the bandwidth required for this to work smoothly, but
figure slowly changing volumes might not be too bad.

Doug