[OpenAFS] RHEL5 kmod packages require explicit kernel version?

Jonathan Reed jdreed@MIT.EDU
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 13:28:58 -0500

I suppose that's true, but I'd wonder how many sites actually have
that setup these days, and of those sites, how many have users who
have root on the workstations thus allowing them to shoot themselves
in the foot in such a manner.  I'd speculate that the number is lower
than the number of people who might try to install openafs in the
time between when RHEL releases a kernel update and Openafs releases
the corresponding kmod.  I could be wrong, however.

The right answer I suppose would be for yum to install openafs-kernel-
source if a kmod package is not available, but I suspect that goes
beyond the abilities of yum, at least in its standard configuration.

-Jon