[OpenAFS] Error 11862791 AFS service may not have started

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:34:01 -0600

MG <mgmonza@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded and installed 1.5.27 and got the same error.
>
> ipconfig /all indicates that AFS is bound to the loopback adapter. The
> only anomalous setting is that DHCP enabled = "NO".

DHCP should not be enabled on the loopback adapter.  By default, it has
the hardcoded IP address of 10.254.254.253

>> There is extensive debugging information in the Release Notes. Please
>> read them if you have not already done so.
>
> I did not see anything that addresses this persistent error, either in
> the release notes or in the documentation in general, on
>
> http://www.openafs.org/doc

Not your error specifically, but there is information in the release
notes on how to debug general problems.

For instance, what is in the %SYSTEMROOT%\Temp\afsd_init.log file?

-----

If you join the #openafs IRC channel on Freenode there are useful people
who can help you out.

<<CDC