[OpenAFS] E212: Can't open file for writing

Kevin Scott Sumner ksumner@physics.unc.edu
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:00:36 -0500 (EST)

This is similar to a problem we have seen in Linux 2.6 and 1.4.2.  On one
host, I vi a script, and on another host I try to run it, and it gives me a
File Not Found, and an ls -l shows the ? like you're getting...

I think this was discussed here [1] and is (or might be) fixed in 1.4.5.

[1] http://www.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2007-September/027355.html

If this isn't akin to your problem, we may need more details...

Cheers,
Kevin
-----
Kevin Sumner
ksumner@physics.unc.edu
(919) 962-6494
Assistant Systems Administrator
Physics and Astronomy Networking Infrastructure and Computing

"Creative brains are a valuable, limited resource.  They shouldn't
be wasted on re-inventing the wheel when there are so many fascinating
new problems waiting out there."
-Eric S. Raymond