[OpenAFS] Mac OS 10.5 Leopard's TimeMachine with AFS

Moritz Bunse bunse@physik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:53:03 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I recently updated my Mac OS to Leopard and installed OpenAFS. I can
browse my AFS-cell. Now I want to use an AFS-directory as backup directory
for time machine. I entered

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes
1

in the command line and now /afs is shown in the backup volume selection
in Time Machine. I can select it, but the problem I think is, that I do
not have write access to /afs, only to /afs/cellname/user/username. How
can I mount this directory as a network device?
There is software at Stanford (
http://www.stanford.edu/services/openafs/mac/index.html ) , but it is not
downloadable!

Thanks in advance,