[OpenAFS] Re: issue with Fedora 8 and retaining tokens after graphical login

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm@ATrpms.net
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:14:23 +0200

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 08:19:38PM -0500, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> > And any openafs acceptance into any Linux distribution has better
> > cards to be FHS than not. If openafs ever makes it into
> > RHEL/Fedora proper it will have to be FHS style.
>=20
> If there's a chance of that, fine, but otherwise, change for the
> sake of change is dumb.

I can't speak for RH, but I know there are some customers that want it
and push towards this happening. Having something that is ready to be
integrated makes it easier. But if/when RH wants to do that you'll
know before anyone else - typically RH contacts lead deveopers of a
project in private for integration purposes.

(Although if it comes that far the kernel module bits will be merged
into RH' kernel rpm and not shipped as a separate package, there is a
kernel-module-outside-the-kernel-rpm phobia among the kernel packagers
at RH)
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM