[OpenAFS] Re: issue with Fedora 8 and retaining tokens after graphical login

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:19:38 -0500

> > The drawback to the atrpms rpms is that they're using the FHS style
> > paths.
>
> Why is that a drawback (the question is sincere). While perhaps long
> time users will need to rethink the paths they have to do so anyway on
> a Linux system compared to AIX, Solaris etc. And any openafs
> acceptance into any Linux distribution has better cards to be FHS than
> not. If openafs every makes it into RHEL/Fedora proper it will have to
> be FHS style.

If there's a chance of that, fine, but otherwise, change for the sake
of change is dumb.

> But let's make everybody happy: How about an rpmbuild time switch to
> allow anyone to rebuild with their favourite path style. I would still
> want to see FHS being the default, but transarc style is just a
> one-line change in the rpmbuild specfile.

Likewise, the people who are using Transarc style would want that to
be default :)

> Just looking for synergy and a common openafs rpm design. Which could
> very well be more than Fedora/RHEL (but I admit not being a SuSE or
> Mandriva expert, so someone would have to step in to aid in this
> part). :)

In theory we already have it. I've built the release SRPM on SLES.