[OpenAFS] Migration of DB servers

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:51:54 +0100

Xavier Canehan wrote:
> We'll have a complete site shutdown next week. I'm planning to use this
> opportunity to physically replace 2 afsdb servers. Same name and IP but host
> and OpenAFS version upgrades.
>
> Considering that clients and fileservers will be down, I guess that I'll
> just have to pass through the steps of managing the change on the afsdb
> servers.
>
> Am I right or is there some tracking of DB hosts by the fileservers that I
> should care of ?

Should be ok. The fileservers don't have any tracking of DB servers.
As logn as you don't change the IP-addresses nobody should see any
difference.

Hartmut

> Thanks,
>
> Xavier

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)