[OpenAFS] Howto speedup the restore of a crashed fileserver

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:43:07 -0400

Jose Calhariz wrote:
>> If you're not already, I recommend restoring into a local directory,
>> then copying into AFS. That will at least make the tape part go faster
>> and reduce wear and tear on the tapes and drive.
>>

> I am doing that,  As I can recover from tapes faster than I can write to
> AFS.  Specially because I use virtual tapes on disks.

Do you have multiple AFS servers? If so, are you copying files to
different servers simultaneously? Perhaps it's worthwhile to set up a
temporary server and then do a "vos move" of the volumes after
everything has settled.

Jason