[OpenAFS] Status of Windows Vista openafs ?

John Tang Boyland boyland@cs.uwm.edu
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:11:18 -0500

I have been strongly recommending my students install OpenAFS
on their home computers, but none has been able to get OpenAFS
to work on Windows Vista.  Apparently the latest version of
Kerberos For Windows 3.2.1 doesn't include the AFS functionality,
(the AFS tabs don't appear etc)
but 3.2.0 "locks up" if it is used instead.  I apologize for the
imprecise bug reporting (I don't have a Windows machine myself),
but I was wondering whether anyone has been able to get OpenAFS
1.5.21 to work on Windows Vista with MIT KfW.  Perhaps there
are some installation instructions that we missed?
Is there some required order of installation?  Does an AFS plugin
have to be explicitly installed?  How is that done?

Regards,
John Boyland