[OpenAFS] Disconnected OpenAFS

Zach netrek@gmail.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 03:36:08 -0400

Could we have a disconnected mode for say just a user's $HOME
directory. It's likely files in there won't change while they are
offline. I run openafs client on my laptop and I use intermittent
dialup internet access. It takes a long time to do an operation such
as ls for the first time but then it's cached and is much faster, but
the cache doesn't seem to last very long (around an hour or so).
Anyway to optimize this offline mode for low bandwidth users in terms
of reducing update size and lowering the time to do caching?

Zach