[OpenAFS] backup volume errors

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:17:30 -0400

Let's try this again with an actual reply.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Esther Filderman <mizmoose@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Mitchell Baker
> <Mitchell.D.Baker@rose-hulman.edu> wrote:
>> I have a backup volume that is giving me problems.
>> A vos e of the R/W volume shows no problems.
>>
>> But if I do a listvol of another server and partition I get a message
>> **** Could not attach volume 536930065 ****
>>
>> Which is the backup volume that shows with the R/W volume. How do I get
>> rid of this error?

Sometimes read-only volumes get in stupid states.  You cannot salvage them.

I would do a "vos remove" of the volume (you might need to "vos zap"
if it gives you errors, which is a good chance), and then recreate it
with "vos backup read-write-volume-name".

The new backup volume should be happy.

moose