[OpenAFS] Recovering data from volumes after loss of cell

Richard Eggert richard.eggert+afs@gmail.com
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:19:46 -0400

------=_Part_58084_28430893.1218997186907

I had a private AFS cell set up on a file server on my home network.  My
file server suffered a catastrophic hardware failure (blown motherboard and
massive corruption of the disk containing the root filesystem) .  The disks
containing my AFS partition are still intact, and I was able to recover the
data on them by attaching one of them to my desktop machine, but it's
currently all in the form of numerically-numbered .vol files and
cryptically-named directories and files. How do I extract the  "real" files
from the raw volumes?  I'd rather not have to rebuild my cell in order to
accomplish this (especially since I'm not sure of how to do that).

--
Rich