[OpenAFS] Status of native filesystem client for Windows?

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:05:34 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> The only long term solution is the completion of the native file system
> client that permits the removal of the loopback adapter and the
> dependency on the SMB gateway server.   This work is being funded and
> should be completed by the end of the year.
>
> Jeffrey Altman
> Secure Endpoints Inc.

I see that the end of the year is rapidly approaching. Is there any chance
of at least a beta trickling down to us mere mortals anytime soon?

(I've been trying to read the list every few days, but haven't noticed
anything about this recently. If it's been discussed and I've missed it,
feel free to tell me to RTFList again.)

Cheers,
Stephen