[OpenAFS] Changing the hostname of AFS server

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2008 19:42:14 -0500

dave first wrote:
> Yes, I am in full agreement about NOT using the root filesystem for
> non-system data.  In the department to which I belong, there's a bit
> of a religious war about this.  But these systems will be under my
> control, and I fully subscribe to the notion of keeping application
> data separate from the system files and data.
>
> That said,  I haven't used "gparted" before - and am now going off to
> investigate.  Thanks for the pointer!

Hi Dave,

gparted lets you non-destructively repartition the disk. If you plan to
repartition the root disk, then you should boot from a liveCD or
something similar.

Starting with version 1.4.8, you can have vicepX partitions larger than 2TB.

Hop onto the openafs irc channel on freenode or the jabber chatroom
openafs@conference.openafs.org for some live help.

Jason