[OpenAFS] Issues with openafs in VMware player with Windows host - SOLVED

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:38:03 -0500

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>

>> Derek Atkins wrote:

>>> What version of OpenAFS are you using on your clients?  Servers?
>>>

>> guest: the latest 1.5 for XP
>> host: 1.4.x for XP
>> servers: 1.4.1 for solaris
>>

> Hmm..  I suspect you might need to update the host and the servers.
> Hopefully jaltman will reply more authoritatively.

FYI

We got this fixed without needing to upgrade the AFS client on the host
or servers. The problem was the UDP timeout. When running VMware
Player's vmnetcfg.exe to configure, the timeout, the GUI silently
discarded my udp timeout change because I wasn't logged in as
Administrator. When I made the change as Administrator, everything was fine.

Sincerely,
Jason