[OpenAFS] AFS + Citrix = ?

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:10:48 -0700

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 04:19:19PM +0100, Frank Burkhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the long delay...
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 07:09:27AM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > > Oh - one more thing: We don't have Active directory here.
> > >
> > > Does anyone has experience with Citrix + AFS or has an idea, what to try?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Frank
> >
> > Citrix and OpenAFS have worked together for years with integrated logon
> > as part of an Active Directory domain.  Citrix is not your problem.
>
> Problem ist, although we've got a domain (Samba based), we do *not* have
> an Active directory.
>
> So the question is:
>
> Is there anyone who ever got Citrix to work with integrated AFS-logon but
> without Active Directory?

being completely citrix ignorant here, I wonder why integrated logon
would fail regardless of what the domain logon provider was. Doesn't
afs integrated logon just take the logged on credentials and foward
them to .. (well, whatever afs is using, hiemdal, mit kerb, kaserver)

furthermore, wouldn't installed kerb for windows make the integrated
logon more 'robust' since it will to straight krb auth and then
auto-get afs tokens?