[OpenAFS] On the wording "No space left on device"

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:47:48 CST

> > We had a user complain this week about having no clue what
> > "No space left on device" meant.

> Not to mock them, seriously... english was their second language? ...

> However, in this case we can't take credit:
> #define ENOSPC          28              /* No space left on device */

> It's a unix error. I can't get (Apple,Sun,Linux,HP,SGI) to fix it.

If a site was sufficiently upset about this sort of thing,
one supposes they could create their own LOCALE and
error message catalogs.

% touch sword
sword: Oh dear, you seem to have been killed by a troll.

John